… you were
more marvelous in your simple wish to find a way
than the gilded roofs of any destination you could reach:
from “Santiago” by David Whyte
Aren’t we all just trying to find a way? A way to be happy, to live well, to make something beautiful and true? And isn’t our desire more marvellous than any point of arrival?
My three-year pilgrimage to write the story of Operation Hejira, our family trip around the world, has come to an end, and I am very proud and rather amazed at the book that has resulted.
Pilgrimage of Desire: An Explorer’s Journey Through the Labyrinths of Life releases in ebook form on Wednesday, January 21, 2015, during the first new moon of the year.
Here’s what I want for my readers.
I want Pilgrimage of Desire to help creative people see their own unhappiness, even if they seemingly have nothing to be unhappy about.
I want the book to give them insight into why they’re unhappy.
I want the book to grant them permission to pursue their desires: to create art and design art-committed lives that they love.
I want the book to give them ideas and options, but most of all to give them agency, to affirm their ability to choose and their right to take care of themselves.
I have been in my writing cave for quite a while now, and I’m eager to reconnect with people, so I’ve come up with some pre-order bonuses for everyone who buys the book on Amazon before January 21.
When you purchase Pilgrimage of Desire before January 21, you will also get:
- An entry to win one of five 60-minute private creativity coaching sessions with me.
- An invitation to three group writing sessions I’m hosting by telephone, during which I will lead you through some of the coaching exercises that appear throughout Pilgrimage of Desire. These exercises help you get in touch with your longings and make them real.
To get your bonuses, here’s what you need to do:
- Click here to buy the book on Amazon (available for Kindle)
- Forward your receipt by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the email address you want me to use for sending the pre-order bonus details.
The print and audio versions of Pilgrimage of Desire are still coming. And you’ll also be able to buy it for Kobo and Nook after January 21. There is much ahead this year, and I can’t wait to share it with you. Thanks for coming with me on this pilgrimage.
Photo Credit: Suzanne Gielis